The Earth Is The Lord's And Everything In It
We are very proud to have been awarded Silver Eco Church status. This encompasses all aspects of our church life.
We also manage our churchyard as part of the 'God's Acre' project to maintain a sympathetic balance between its functions as a (closed) burial ground, a home for wildlife and a semi natural greenspace for visitors to enjoy.
We've surveyed the area over the last year to identify the main features of interest and management zones and we have developed a simple management plan. This is a dynamic process and it will evolve over time as we learn what works best for people and nature.
Our Management Goals are to maintain:
• a safe, accessible and financially sustainable memorial ground for God’s people
• a wildlife haven and semi-natural habitat in which God’s creation can flourish
• a place for quiet and personal contemplation, the enjoyment and study of nature and the wider landscape and historic environment.
To see some pictures of the churchyard and some of the species surveyed visit our Flickr page. Copy and paste this link to your browser: https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll
Caring for the churchyard is a big undertaking and it is all being done by volunteers.
Please help us to care for God's Acre:
• Take your rubbish home or use the bins provided and pick up any litter you spot.
• Only put dead plant material on our compost heap – plastic wrappers and silk flowers don’t make good compost!
• Clean up after your dog.
• Let us know if you have any concerns.